Wednesday 5 November 2014

Third Week of (some) Training

Unfortunately my illness refused to go away for quite a while so the first 3 days of this week were written off as I was too ill to train.  In the meantime I did help out at my old college boat club with a bit of relaxed pace coaching.  I also went on a bit of a spree of acquiring sports gear.  It's time to ramp this training up (as soon as I get well again).
New Swim Gear

New Running Shorts

By Thursday I started to feel like I might be bale to train again, but within half an hour of getting up I immediately felt worse again.  There is nothing more frustrating than not being able to train when ill, but I'll have to suck it up as training will only make things worse.  One thing did happen today. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't become slightly out of shape.  Well today I may have discovered quite how much since when I sat down at one point I might have possibly ripped my jeans (and then had the fun of seeing what happens when I pull the rip to open it right up). It's definitely time to get back in to shape.

Friday started much like the rest of the week had and I feared for yet another day lost to illness. However, by the afternoon I finally started to feel ready to run again. So being me and being far too keen to get back to training I jumped straight back in with a 10km run.  It was slow, but didn't feel awful.  But waking up on Saturday feeling worse than earlier in the week I realised it might have been wiser to ease back in to training. Ah well, another rest day it was.  (Oh and for those who wish to know my formal appeal was submitted on Friday and will be read this coming Friday. I'll talk about the outcome in due course)

Come Sunday and a decent amount of sleep I felt ready to get back into training. I was around Cambridge this weekend and jumped into a rowing outing at my old college boat club.  I haven't been in a boat since July so it was nice (if tiring) to row again.  Next week I'll have to get back in to more serious relevant training.

Until later,

Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment