Wednesday 5 November 2014

Another Event Entered

So exciting news; I've entered another event! This time it's a triathlon at the end of May. So this will (provisionally) be my first triathlon. I do have plans to enter more in the meantime but this is very likely to be my first open water triathlon.  I've entered a 'Super-Sprint' length race in Hyde Park which is part of the ITU World Triathlon Series.  It will be half the length of my triathlon in August but a good practice.

In fact this will be quite a special event for me. I've toyed with the idea of getting in to triathlon for many years, but some of you may wonder where my inspiration lies. I was first inspired to go for a triathlon watching the world's best triathletes competing in Hyde Park on the TV. I've always dreamed of swimming in the Serpentine before cycling and running around Hyde Park.  There aren't many settings better than this for a maiden open water triathlon. In case it's not clear I'm really quite excited by the idea of this. Now to get back in to swimming. The event website is here. I'll be racing in the Super-Sprint event on the Sunday (31/05).

Until next time,

Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment